View Single Post
Old 06-28-2022, 05:43 PM   #1672
davehardy7
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Programming Curtis Controller

Hi Kile

I have the connector you need. I will sell it to you for half that or give it to you for programming help davehardy7@yahoo.com 818 209 0450

QUOTE=snsrider717;1734168]Gents, new to the forum. I have read a ton on here. Appreciate all the advice.
I'm competent with most mechanical issues and usually pretty decent with a computer, but I only have basic programming skills.

I just picked up a 2014 EZ-Go RXV 48V with the Curtis AC drive. (1206 controller? Those are the first 4 of the model number) 23 in tires. Currently runs 16 mph. So far, I like it way better than my 36V TXT PDS.

I have read about 50 pages of this thread (but not its entirety because it is really dang long) and am not really sure what path to take. I would like to have the options to change all the parameters that are described by the Curtis software. Top speed, torque, delays, regen ect.

Dealer said they could "give me the fastest possible" for $250 but the guy barely knew anymore about the process than I did. I assumed he was saying this would unlock Freedom mode, but I want access to everything if able.

So, my questions are: Where do I start? Does freedom mode need to be unlocked for the Curtis software to be used to its potential or have you all found a safe work around? Should I go through all the steps of trying to build my own cable or is there a reasonably priced alternative that consistently works? Is there an inexpensive way to acquire the 1314-4402 software (an hour of googling has not turned anything up)?

I found a software/hardware set for sale on a forklift website for $390 but I can't post a link because I'm a new member.

I would still need an adapter cable to connect it to the molex connection on the cart. I have seen adapters on amazon for $85 but that seems ridiculous. I am real competent with a soldering iron if I am able to find the ends. (BTW a lot of the older links in this thread no longer work, so I apologize if I missed updates posted somewhere in the thread)

Thanks in advance for your help!

- Kyle[/QUOTE]
davehardy7 is offline   Reply With Quote