View Single Post
Old 10-06-2012, 01:05 PM   #2
sassycat
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: OLD BLUE,85 marathon re-construction

just got done checking the inside of the fuel tank,,cant see much,too dirty on outside but i can tell it has not been out in a long time,gotta get underneath?i guess to remove the band bolt?
i will be asking stuff i normally wouldnt,(im a ole gear head mechanic myself) but since past few yrs my bad back has got the best of me,, i like doing things once instead of the ole up down and up down and under the cart lol..or id be shot the first few times and will take me much longer to get anything done..

this cart seems to run very good and fast,my bloodhound can barely keep up in its stock form w/out the gov..

it is smoking slightly at times when smashin the pedal a lil white and 2 stroke smelling.
i hate to waste all the fuel in it as it smells fresh,and is half full,but i dont no where i stand?if previous owner mixed it correct or not?
what would be a way to tell?
maybe drain it out thru a couple socks to filter it and then clean tank.
if it smokes a puff of white,and smell it every so often ya recon it has enough oil mix,or should i add more oil to be safe? leave it alone?
wait;maybe i should just get it out and use it in my rider mower and just put the fresh i mixed with 1=1/2 oz to a gal in and be done..prob answered my question
sassycat is offline   Reply With Quote