View Single Post
Old 10-06-2020, 10:21 AM   #1
MDLNB
Gone Wild
Club Car

Question Simple BMS wiring question

I haven't been on here in a great while, so thanks in advance for your patience.

I purchased some leaf lithiums a long time ago with intention of installing them in my old CC DS. Batteries I had did not go on it before I sold the cart. Now I am in the process of getting the battery pack ready for my wife's Yamaha G22 with regenerative system. I have a cheap Chinese BMS and would like to wire it for charging only. Last year, I had been following several lithium builds but have since strayed away and have forgot more than I learned from the forum. In my 70's so I like to use that as an excuse.

Question: (BMS has connections labeled P-, C- and B-)

Please correct me
I wire C- to negative charger lead?
I wire B- to negative battery terminal?
I was planning to leave P- empty?

At the charger I planned to wire Pos to battery.

I tried to search on here several times but could not find the wiring diagram for the "charge only" thread. I apologize for bringing this up again and appreciate the help. I just plan to use the Chinese charger and BMS to charge the battery pack, nothing fancy. After I get the charger adjusted to give it a safe charge, I will bypass the OBC. I seem to remember (and may have downloaded) the wiring diagram for bypassing the OBC.

Once again, thank you for your assistance and patience.
MDLNB is offline   Reply With Quote