View Single Post
Old 10-07-2020, 08:42 AM   #1
ElDiabloJoe
Getting Wild

Default Stupid battery / fuse question

I have a brand spanking new 2021 Yamaha EFI Drive2 Adventurer 2+2 Sport. Very exciting! I ordered an LEDGLOW underbody and wheel well add-on kit. My amateur *** spent a ridiculous amount of time trying to as clean an install as I could. That and the room to work in the compartment did not make for an easy time.

Got it all set up yesterday. Last night, went to take the cart out for a ride. Nothing. Turns out, I blew the 25A mini-fuse in the fuse box.

Suspecting the LEDGLow and the massive nest of wiring caused my new-found issue, I disconnected the LEDGlow lights and replaced the 25A mini-fuse. Golf cart drove around beautifully.

Now, I hear from LEDGlow that their product could not be the problem because they draw so little. Additionally, the power wire leads connect directly to the battery terminal with its own fuse inline on the positive lead. The LEDGlow does not go through the cart's fuse block. LEDGlow states the problem is not their product. Of course they'd say that.

Is it possible / likely I may have accidentally shorted out the cart while installing the LEDGlow power leads to the battery terminals? Maybe the socket wrench touched the metal frame and I didn't really notice? Maybe I connected the LEDGlow power leads in the incorrect order (negative first, then positive?).
ElDiabloJoe is offline   Reply With Quote