View Single Post
Old 11-22-2011, 10:50 AM   #1
Danlyman
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default G2 with weak or no spark after starter rebuild.

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum and this looked like one of the best for golf carts on the net. Maybe someone can help solve my problem.*
I have a g2 gas powered Yamaha.

*I replaced the brushes in the starter generator motor because it stopped spinning they were so worn down. But now even though the engine turns over good it doesn't run. It will try to run at a very low rpm sometimes but won't ever pickup speed. I checked the plug for spark and when the engine first starts to turn there will be some spark but it quits as the engine turns faster. Sometimes I can kind of feather the throttle and get it to spark longer. Any how I was wondering if it could be something related to the rebuild of the starter motor as I did have trouble with the new brush assembly that I used to rebuild it the best I can remember it would not bolt down flush " it's been a few weeks since I worked on it" I took the brushes out of the new assembly and transferred them to the old brush holder. It seemed to run fine before rebuilding the starter *I've checked the wiring and can't find any obvious problem. Any ideas?
Danlyman is offline   Reply With Quote