View Single Post
Old 01-26-2015, 03:07 PM   #4
c.j.
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Which Cart to Get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
Yamaha definitely has the best factory suspension (even when lifted) and can be modified to be the fastest with a lot less work than EZGO or CC - my issue with them is I can't stand the "thumpy" nature of the big single-cylinder engine (same with CC, although I avoid them due to generally being aenemic compared to Yami's or EZGO's) ... The New 13hp EZGO's are quite problematic as recreational carts, the rear ends have plastic governor gears and can and will explode if they are run at higher speeds for extended periods = not to mention the factory driven clutches are so prone to failure that they have actually had recalls, etc. Add in the "thumpy" and fairly weak nature of the 13hp single-cylinder, and I would avoid them like the plague.

That said, the EZGO pre-2008 models with the Robins engines are probably the best bang for the buck, as well as a durable, high-quality cart. The engines are strong and very smooth, have an excellent track record, and being a 2-cyl actually make the cart feel more powerful than single-cylinder engines of higher HP. Parts are readily available and easy to install (as well as reasonably priced) and with few mods can run reliably at 28-32mph for years and years. The only real "weak link" is the ride of the stock suspension (stock or lifted) but that too can be turned around easily with a long-travel kit instead of a cheap lift.

I build quite a few carts for resale as a sideline, and I have basically gone to exclusively pre-2008 EZGO's based on initial cost, costs to customize, quality of the carts and drivetrain overall, as well as resale. The poorest cost-to-results/resale ratio I have found to hands down be Club Car, and Yamaha's are in the middle ...
Great info thanks a lot
c.j. is offline   Reply With Quote