View Single Post
Old 01-27-2015, 09:58 AM   #6
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Which Cart to Get?

Yeah KG, You're starting to freak me out, LOL ..... In all seriousness though, it's a crying shame about the Kawi drivetrains, as the potential is there in spades - just in no way realized and far too much of a hassle and expense to work out. The good news (as KG said) is really, other than uber-major components like the block, head, etc there are aftermarket solutions for basically everything in the 295/350 drivetrain, ignition, carbs, exhaust, internals, gaskets, clutches, you name it. EZGO supposedly sold off their entire remaining inventory of complete new motors sometime last spring, but that too isn't a bad thing.

I'm not sure if speed and power are something You're concerned about, but if that's your goal there really is a lot that can be done to the Robin engines, and more is coming out every day it seems - both in the line of aftermarket hop-ups, and mods that some of the crazies here have developed, LOL, There are also some excellent rebuilders out there that can take your stock engine at 9hp and about $600 and send You back a completely rebuilt 13hp 375 Engine with all the consistency and reliability of stock, no crazy-loud exhaust (like the big-block guys) and tons of power plus years of faithful service.

As YCC mentioned, with the exception of the Kawasaki-based EZGO's, it's probably a good idea to take a few carts for a test ride and see what seems to fit YOU the best (plus that can make for quite an enjoyable afternoon, LOL) providing a relatively stock cart is what You're looking for. If a lift, speed mods, etc are something You're serious about though, I'd still recommend the 295/350 EZGO's first, Yamahas second, and CC's a distant third - all are going to cost a bit to dial in, but again bang for the buck I'd stick with the 295/350 EZ's
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote