View Single Post
Old 10-13-2015, 06:28 AM   #20
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2002 Club Car DS just stopped after installing 2 gauge wires

I added the model and year to the top of the first post to make sure other folks knew the specific model this applied to, because as scottyb mentioned, there are quite a few differences in some model years.

I think I will start adding this to every set of instructions:
  • If the colors below do not match your cart, stop and ask for clarification before proceeding.
  • Unless otherwise noted, all voltage readings are in reference to pack negative or B- (meter negative probe placed there).
  • +48v is a nominal voltage and means actual pack voltage.

Disconnect the Green/White at the FNR micro switch and measure the voltage on the wire

If You get +48v on the Green/White wire with Key ON and Pedal pressed:
That micro switch is either bad or the FNR cam is not pressing the lever on the switch.

You can set your meter to "continuity" and test the terminals on the switch to make sure they close (You get a continuity beep from the meter) when the FNR is moved from neutral to either Forward or Reverse.

Pay attention to the switch as sometimes folks will replace a 2-terminal switch with a 3-terminal switch. In that case You need to use the Normally Open terminals on the switch.

If You do not get +48v on the Green/White wire:
Check the Blue wire on the Multi-Step potentiometer, You should get +48v when the Key switch is ON.

If You get +48v, the micro switch inside the Multi-Step potentiometer is bad.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote