View Single Post
Old 09-11-2020, 12:02 PM   #1
five5cooks
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 86 Marthon Build Log

I was able to acquire an 86 EzGo Marathon last weekend. I am hoping to get this rebuilt over the course of this month and have it ready to roll. The plan at this point is to strip the cart down to the frame and rebuild it like a Phoenix. I plan to document the process as well as seek some guidance along the way. We have the old metal body stripped off already. As you can imagine, it did not want to let go without a little bit of a fight. The battery racks are completely shot, so those will be rebuilt along with some modification to the seat rails by a buddy with some welding skills. Still debating on swapping over to 48v ( this would mean I would need a new charger ). It is already sporting a lift kit and ATV tires from the previous owner so that is a plus. We will also be slipping on a TXT body shell that we picked up off of a refit to replace the old metal. I think the consensus is that Alltrax is the way to go for the speed controller which will necessitate finding a pot box for the accelerator. Pictures will be coming soon.
five5cooks is offline   Reply With Quote