View Single Post
Old 08-01-2021, 09:34 PM   #16
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Thinking about going Lithium soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveweree View Post
I decided on the Ecobattery 144Ah 36V for my EZGO TXT with lift kit and offroad tires, standard controller.
The 144Ah kit is two 72Ah batteries in parallel. I paid $2700 plus tax through local Michigan dealer. One week later the package was listed on the Ecobattery website for $2500

Chose ECObattery because of specs and their kit was well thought out with everything, including tie down straps and even lift handle to pullout the old Trojan lead acids.

I tried to charge the batteries out of the box, but the charger ran for 5 seconds and error coded. ECO said the charger thinks the batteries are fully charged, although they were at 39.5V and to try again when everything connected. So I continued on.

Install went well enough. Took a day and half, but a lot of cleanup from the old lead acids.

Plugged in charger, still got the same error code. ECO said charger still thinks one of the batteries is fully charged. Ran the cart for 8 miles or so, voltage now at 38.5V. Still charger will not charge. Tried charging batteries individually, same error.

ECO sent me another charger, get the same error code. ECO still saying charger thinks battery is full. Ran the cart for about 20 miles total and cart died out ion the road. Voltage fell off quickly form 37V to 30V when BMS cut in. Batteries now at 33V, charger will still not charge. So now dead cart. Still waiting on a resolution.

Cart ran great when it was running. I really want to like the ECO battery, support has been super responsive, but not resolving anything.
I am interested in following your ECO Battery problem and future correction. I hope all goes well for you. You may want to start a new thread so I and others can follow this.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote