View Single Post
Old 08-09-2022, 09:05 PM   #13
XCOP1152
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZGO works one day, and doesn't the next

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioman View Post
If you don't hear the solenoid click when you press the pedal when the cart is working means the solenoid contacts are welded or the pedal switch is bad or misadjusted and the solenoid may be energizing when you switch the key on. Listen closely to the solenoid when you switch the key on. The solenoid should not energize without the key switched on AND the pedal pressed. The pedal box has a switch with a normally closed contact that is held open by the cam in the pedal box ITS plunger. When the pedal is pressed the microswitch cam falls off the plunger and completes the circuit to energize the solenoid through the switch normally closed contact. The intermittent no-go problem may be something else, but the cart won't move without the solenoid contacts passing current.
Thank you for this info. I am assuming that if this is not the main issue that this should still be fixed at some point...

Yesterday I removed, tested, and cleaned the ignition, and then opened up the pedal box and tested the microswitch, and then cleaned off the contacts with spray electronic cleaner. It appears to work properly when the pedal is pressed. In the morning I plan on replacing Molex connector with butt-splices, and then using the troubleshooting guide in the "chapterE.pdf" posted on this site....unless I find the smoking gun that is causing the issue.
XCOP1152 is offline   Reply With Quote