View Single Post
Old 08-11-2022, 06:38 AM   #18
XCOP1152
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZGO works one day, and doesn't the next

Quote:
Originally Posted by radioman View Post
Have you made any voltage checks with a voltmeter? No mention of any voltage measurements in any of your post. You are not going to solve this puzzle without making some voltage measurements at various points. We have tried to help you by guessing based on personal experiences with golf carts. I am still interested in why you don't hear the solenoid click.
That is my plan for this evening. I just printed the troubleshooting flowchart from the manual. I am assuming these are the voltage checks you are referring to.

I replaced the Molex connector with butt-splices yesterday morning. Up until that point it had not run for days (longest period of not running), and it still did not run afterward. The morning was super hot and humid. So I gave up, but went back to check the solenoid again yesterday evening after the weather was cooler, and it was running just fine! I went out on it several times yesterday evening with no issues.

I checked the solenoid at this time also, with the seat removed, and my ear close. I did not hear any clicking at any point - not when I turned the key, not when I pressed the pedal, and at this time the golf cart appeared to be functioning properly.

I also noticed the white wire coming from the charging port and going to the battery pack was loose inside the ring connector, and I re-crimped it.

Anyway, my plan this evening is to perform the voltage checks using the printout from the manual. I assume these are the voltage checks needed.

I have not really noticed any common event that occurs when golf cart doesn't work...but yesterday I considered that it has been very hot and humid here lately.

Anyway....voltage checks....I will make the checks this evening and post in morning.

Thank you for your time and advice...and thank you to everyone else who posts here.
XCOP1152 is offline   Reply With Quote