View Single Post
Old 11-24-2011, 11:05 AM   #4
bigg65
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1988 ez-go marthon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 72volt_ezgo View Post
Hi! Not knowing your skills it is hard to say. You are going to need a few more parts like a potentiometer (AKA pot box)which you're going to have to mount somewhere involving drilling for mounting bolts etc. Running some kind of linkage from the go pdal to move the arm on the pot box,running some wires etc.
Basically I would say if you are handy with basic tools and you can follow a simple wiring diagram to hook up some wires then you might even find it fun to do the conversion.
And the cart will be a lot more efficient in turning battery power into motion than it was with the coil resistors!
If you decide to up the voltage to 48V you could keep your old motor which will not bog down anymore but you will need more batteries, a 48V charger (or a separate 12V charger to charge the additional batteries) and of course a controller rated for 48V.
Just some ideas to throw in there.
Barna
thanks it wouldnt be any problem ,ive been a mecanic for over 20 yrs, i thank you for the info i love makeing things faster and the challenge that comes with it,,lol
bigg65 is offline   Reply With Quote