View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 05:14 PM   #19
NVme
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Bombardier NEV owner exchange

Here is a link to the manufacturer of the controller who sold/buys/remanufactures them:

Pictured on that page is the Curtis controller Part#1509-1001 for a Bombardier NV.

I am currently poring over my wiring scematic and that of the more common 72v Alltrax Shunt type controller to see if it can be used. So far it appears that the major difference in the two types of controllers is a speed limiter and reversing contactor are incorporated into the factory Bomber unit and the Alltrax would require a reversing contactor to be added to the car and you would have to reroute the speed sensor signal wire directly to the instrument cluster to retain speedo/odo function.

The Curtis 1311 handset will work on the OEM controller for adjusting speed and diagnostics. I am also thinking of building a pulse wave modulator ($29.99 @ Radio Shack) to fool the factory controller into thinking the speed is under 25 mph while rerouting raw speed sensor signal directly (as opposed to through the controller) to the instrument cluster to retain the speedo/odo function. The shop manual states that these cars are capable of 40mph!
NVme is offline   Reply With Quote