View Single Post
Old 10-14-2021, 02:58 PM   #8
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha g8 low engine rpm till warms up

Now remember I have forgotten more then I remember. Spark witch normally fails when it runs for a while. Fuel normally works or it doesn't. A "Dynamic spark tester" that you plug onto the the spark plug and coil wire will show if bad spark at start up, like 8 bucks at the auto part store. Fuel, take the line off the carb and crank the engine over. It's not high pressure, but should have a constant output. Compression good/ valves adjusted/ cab cleaned 2 thoughts... unscrew the spark plug cap (counterclockwise), cut off a small section of the coil wire and screw the cap back on and test. You are using a NGK-BBR2ES spark plug right ? Now, the negative battery cable is attatched to the starter generator, if it is like G2/G9's it would have a small 18 gauge wire pigtailed onto the the connector. Cut back the electrical tape, cut off the 18 gauge wire at the eye let, install a new eye let and install it with the negative battery cable on the starter generator post. It is the main ground and is what the ignition system runs off. Sorry for the long post...I can not post as fast I think. Good luck
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote