View Single Post
Old 08-19-2022, 11:44 AM   #1703
fstop
Gone Wild

Default Re: Programming Curtis Controller

Thanks to this thread and some hand-holding by @notspam, I've been able to move my friend's Liberty up to the max "Freedom" speed, using the slider. So this is great!

But, IMO, the cart was always pretty sluggish, esp. off the line (and he's not wanting to race anybody, but it really is seriously slow from a takeoff - I get it though - safe that way).

Has anyone toyed with the "acceleration" parameters shown in the screenshot?
Not sure how to interpret the units being in seconds...

Also, the "speed to RPM" and "speed to RPM (OEM)" entries - what would this do?

I thought I read somewhere back in this massive thread about someone getting a bit more speed out of the controller by bumping this parameter up some?

Can all these parameters be changed "live", say by adjusting while you are using the cart, or does the controller have to be power-cycled?

Lastly, the other thing I've never liked about his cart (and I'm sure I'm just used to mine - Onward / Navitas 5KW / 72v LiOn) is that it is difficult to maintain a middle speed, in that it always wants to kind of go, or go slower - doesn't like to easily hold a steady mid speed. This isn't as big of a deal at 20mph max speed, since he usually had it on the floor where things are fine, but now it goes a little faster and to go 18 or so steadily it is very touchy, bordering on impossible to hold a steady speed. Any parameters in here that may reduce this effect?

Thanks for any insight on any of this, and thanks to all who've contributed to this informative thread.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgo accel params.jpg (73.5 KB, 0 views)
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote