View Single Post
Old 08-28-2013, 11:40 AM   #2
invalidsession
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Club Car belt/clutch won't "change", as stuck in "low" gear

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleb17 View Post
Hello. I am very new to this forum, and it seems very interesting. Part of my reason for joining is that my cart has a serious problem. I could not come up with a better description for the title, my apologies. Well, here is my problem: It seems to be stuck in "low" gear. I know the belts change positions (the one coming from the engine gets bigger as the one to the transmission gets smaller, therefore controlling torque/speed). Mine seems not to move at all. It has the governer removed by loosening the bolt on "brass" peice above the transmission. I cannot think of what would be the problem. Any help? Thanks.

EDIT: so in short, it goes about 3-4 mph when fully revved as supposed to 18 normally (I've clocked it). But I've looked, the drive belt doesn't change. The front stays small as the rear stays big.
It sounds like a jammed clutch to me unless the revs aren't going high enough to cause them to close and open properly. Take the belt off and rev the motor while in maintenance mode, observe if the drive clutch closes and if it does (and the engine is revving up normally) you can most likely eliminate that as the culprit and go to the driven clutch for some closer inspection.
Hope that helps.

Chris.
invalidsession is offline   Reply With Quote