View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 10:08 PM   #10
SaltLifeCC
Gone Wild

Default Re: Charger not coming on

What seems logical to me is to check any fuses I can find, right? But sounds like there isn't one I can check on a precedent - maybe on the charger? Then, maybe switch the batteries back and see if that makes a difference? Then, regardless, number my batteries with something, take them out, and take them down to an auto store and have them load tested? Or am I off base?

The charger needs to see 36 volts to even come on, is that true? How many volts will the cart run on? Because after this all happened, I rode the cart around and it seems to run fine and I even ran the lights a little while tonight and they work too. Does that eliminate the 36 volt scenario? Or does it not?

Sorry for the frustration guys. I know everyone has the best intentions and is trying to help. But I get a lot of mixed messages - first check a fuse, then no wait there is no fuse. Or "check the thingy by the other thingy". I guess I just need a solid starting point. I'll start by putting things back like they were and see if the charger works, at least. Then I'll go get the batteries tested unless that's a complete waste of effort and time? I don't have an extra charger or access to another cart to try my charger on.
SaltLifeCC is offline   Reply With Quote