View Single Post
Old 03-01-2009, 01:38 PM   #9
BoostedOne
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: BoostedOne's Medalist Project

Scot,
If you are goin to do 22's with offset wheels, why not just try it and see?
Yeah, the wheels are offset. On an 8" wheel, everything i saw said they need offset to clear a drop beam anyhow.
Basically, I was planning to do the lift, i just bought the wheels and tires now because it was a package deal where since I was buying a bunch of body peices I asked how much to throw in the wheels and tires, and I got them for about 50-60 off than if I came back and got them another day.
Once I got back to the shop, I had the tires stacked up and space is becoming a premium. I didnt really have intentions of driving it until it was done, so I figured if the tires and wheels fit close enough to sit on the cart, that would be one less thing to trip over for the next few weeks. I expected them to fit, but rub.
With the cowl on, I can turn the steering wheel lock to lock, no issues.
I took the cowl off to drive the cart, since I didnt want to rivet it on since i need to do some frame repair first. With the cowl off, i know it doesnt have any clearance issues with the frame. And I hit some stuff that had me bouncing off the seat and almost fall out of the cart.

Im going to try it out without a lift. Im trying to avoid a lift not because of cost, but because I want to keep the shiny side up.
BoostedOne is offline   Reply With Quote