View Single Post
Old 01-24-2014, 06:31 PM   #1
Wildo
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car throttle issue under load

So i just got my first gas club car. It's a 96 model with the fe350 and has been recently rebuilt and runs great. I was just tinkering with the steps to speed it up under the "sticky" section.
I first lengthened the rod for the throttle and got the linkage set right to where it would start properly etc.. , it didnt make a significant difference.
Next i loosened the governer clamp without doing the tie-wrap around the spring yet.. and it maybe made a "small" difference.
Then i did the tie-wrap in maintenance mode and got it to hit the rev limiter, so i figured i'd take it for a spin. It ran at a very low rpm under driving conditions and wasn't fast at all, put it back in maintenance mode and it goes all the way up to the limiter and revs high, drove it again and the same low rpm crawl. I cut the tie wrap and it went back up to the speed it was at but still no real significant gain from stock.
All i have done so far is made sure the air filter was clean and made sure the throttle linkage adjustment didnt affect the parking brake and it hasn't.. any suggestions?? just wanted to wake this thing up a little.
Wildo is offline   Reply With Quote