View Single Post
Old 04-21-2021, 04:06 PM   #3
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Adding turn signals to 2012 RXV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich427 View Post
My gated community HOA is now going to require all golf carts that are used on the community roads to have turn signals. I bought my 2012 RXV reconditioned and upgraded in 2015. It has headlights on each side and rears with brake lights. In the corner of the front headlights, looking through the lens, I can see amber turn signal bulbs, but I don't have the turn signals mounted to the steering column. Everything I have read says this should be a simple plug and play modification. My problem is I am being told by the cart shop where I purchased the cart that they need to look at the cart to determine what brand lights I have so that they can sell me the right kit for my cart. I asked them would they have a record since they modified the cart, but they don't keep a record of which lights they installed. So, here is my question. Is there an easy way to identify which lights I have so I purchase the correct kit that will plug into my current wiring harness? I have attached a pic of the front just in case someone can tell by looking at the headlights.

I don't think so. I agree they look like OEM lights but that doesn't mean they are. I THINK if they are factory lights there will be a connection behind the dash probably accessible by removing the cup holder. If so, EZGO makes a kit to install turn signals plug n play. It's even reasonably priced (surprise, surprise) HOWEVER, wait for someone who has actually done this to comment. I'm thinking cgtech will know. Maybe he will see this.

The people who built my RXV installed a complete kit, signals and all but don't remember or know which kit. It could be one of several. I had occasion to determine the manufacturer and couldn't find any markings on lights/harness anywhere. So, I suspect tearing your cart apart to find a manufactures label on the lights would be futile.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote