View Single Post
Old 05-06-2021, 05:06 PM   #1
wsettle
Not Yet Wild

Default 2014 RXV dead after sitting over the winter

I put the RXV in the shed at the end of last winter, topped off the water in the batteries and charged it up then unhooked the charger and let it sit. Went to get it out about a month ago and it won't move.

Symptoms as follows:

- After charging and sitting overnight, pack voltage is 50.9V which is about .2 V less than last year's resting voltage.
- Turn key switch to rev and no buzzer. However, I hear a microsecond noise from the buzzer that is very faint. I have to let it sit a while with the key off to hear it again when I flip the key switch.
- Pulled brake and accelerator pedals up to see if they are causing issues but no change
- Swapped plug under access cover where run/tow switch is and brake will disengage and let me push it around. Plug it back correct and it locks up as expected.
- Charge receptacle is sloppy so jumped reed switch plug to pack voltage and no change.

One thing to note, the cart sat on a slight incline and I did not unhook the battery over the winter. However, the incline is slight and once I disengaged the brake, it rolled about 1" and came to rest so the brake was engaged the entire winter. Unfortunately, I did not check the pack voltage when I first went to it. I just plugged it into the charger knowing it needed charging.

Any idea on what to check next?

I recall that there was a checklist somewhere that would be useful to test things but I can't find it.

Thanks for any help you can provide. I bought this cart used last year for my 93 yo mom to tool around the property and she keeps telling me she misses it. So I am motivated
wsettle is offline   Reply With Quote