View Single Post
Old 05-09-2021, 07:21 AM   #3
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Battery drainage after modifying accelerator pedal/rotary position sensor???

My experience with living with these things for 20+ years now is to advise caution about making to much of this. Don't overthink it.

The battery capacity (range per charge) will vary a lot as a result of many factors, one of which is temperature. FLA batteries are rated at 80°F. According to Trojan, battery capacity is about 15-20% less at 60° all else being equal. My batteries in 2 carts are just know starting to perform range wise like they should compared to over the winter. I'm in similar climate (Atlanta) and the carts are garaged also.

The battery gages on golf carts are a guide only. They are not accurate and should be regarded with skepticism. They should be verified by another method periodically. I use a hand held digital multimeter. There are many threads about this on the forum if you care to pursue it.

I advise to press on and enjoy the cart as the weather improves but keep one eye open to the possibility of batteries starting to age especially if they are 12v ones. On average, 2 years is past the half way mark for the 12v batteries in this climate.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote