Thread: TXT-vs- RXV
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2010, 05:08 PM   #11
Billfo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: TXT-vs- RXV

Thanks for the reply. I returned without a cart.This dealer must have had over 200 carts.

I was told the 07-09 TXT has a 9 HP motor ? and the 08 RXV has an 11 HP motor ? Is THIS CORRECT ?

The salesmen/garage guy told me that the only problem "he" was aware of was with the starter selinoids, & they replaced all of them on their RXV carts.. BUT what threw me was the speed difference between different oem carts. The 2007 & 2009 (w/oem tires) were slower than my 36V electric. The 2008 RXV was faster then BOTH the TXTs, but not as fast as my 36V 97..( gps speed on my electric was 15 on rock road... Maybe cause the 22" tires)..I didnt think of the speedometer app on my Droid ! (**** it) As much as I like top speed... Its hill climbing ability that is most important to us.. Must get back up the hill from the boat dock.. I guess I am no more informed than when I left this morning...
Dealer prices ? Here ya go asking prices.. No lift kits-no big tires.

07 TXT $2950
09 TXT $3500
08 RXV $4000

Add the passenger set that converts to a flatbed and heavier leaf spring upgrade $600..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
They put a steel pin though an aluminim gas pedal a little bit of wet grass and sand and mud and the alumium corrodes and thhe pin rust just give it time in my opinion they quit using hitachi starter generartor in 2010 they went with an advance motors generator and the brushes are to big for the armature so wen they wear they wear a half cirle and hit the other brush then the cart don't go
Billfo is offline   Reply With Quote