View Single Post
Old 08-22-2017, 11:23 PM   #1
mrtwa01
Not Yet Wild

Default 96 Ezgo TXT 36v- Sound like tire losing air, no fwd/rev

Friends,

I have seen several SIMILAR issues online and have spent days researching and troubleshooting, and repairing, and am now frustrated and confused. I was driving on the light trails as I've done hundreds of times. I heard a sound which initially sounded like a snake or a flat tire and then cart stopped dead. No forward, no reverse. I can still push forward and backward and brake fine. Pushed it back down and started reading and troubleshooting. Doesnt appear i have a reed switch in charging port, charger charges and auto shuts down, solenoid clicks in fwd and rev. Headlight is bright.

Bought new multimeter with continuity setting. Checked lots of connections and wires and found no issues. Checked large posts on solenoid, good. Checked small posts, no tone. Bought new solenoid, same issue. Have lights, have click in F/R, no movement. Also, KICKER, still no continuity on small solenoid posts. When attempting to check battery voltage, I'm putting red lead on main POS + and black lead to any NEG - the voltage jumps wildly, but seems to be very low at best. I'm completely confused here, and sure as hell don't want to buy 600 in batteries to find its a connection. There is a 60 fuse on white cable to main POS , but it seems ok.

Any ideas for next steps would be greatly appreciated!
mrtwa01 is offline   Reply With Quote