View Single Post
Old 11-12-2016, 06:15 PM   #3
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: G16 Jumpy Throttle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateb21 View Post
I have a 98 G16 that I just got a couple weeks ago. First thing I noticed was the throttle is really jumpy with anything under half throttle. I have since turned up the governor which I can't say hurt or helped the issue. It is just somewhat difficult to drive as it doesn't want to go smoothly unless it is at least half way to the floor. Any suggestions on things to check or adjust?

It would help greatly if you could determine whether the "jumpiness" was caused by engine misfire, or poorly engaging clutches. If the former, you may have to disassemble and clean the carb, as there maybe something clogging the idle and off idle circuits. It's probably not ignition related if it runs fine at WOT or close.

If it's a mechanical jumpiness (engine seems to run at a constant speed but the cart lurches and bucks), then you need to check the clutches. Make sure the sheeves are smooth on both primary and secondary, the belt is not ragged, and the zerks are properly lubed so the the sheeves can move smoothly in and out on the shaft.
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote