Thread: EZGO Clutch
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2010, 08:31 PM   #3
DUNBAR
Not Yet Wild

Default Progress today

Usually when I take an interest, want to get started on something I'll carry it through every time.

Here's a mistake, and then a compression test:

The part I'm shaking isn't what's wrong, it's where that belt connects to and that was mentioned on another thread, I just didn't know which was which. DOH!!!

Anyway, the compression test revealed over 100 on a dry test, 120 on a wet test. (oil in the cylinder)

It's a 1985 Marathon.

I dealt with this company down in florida: http://golfcardiscounters.com/index.php

The part I need is http://golfcardiscounters.com/cart/images/9037.gif

which is the drive clutch, I can turn those two shieves sp? almost 4" back and forth from each other. Basically that huge spring in the drive clutch is broken.

The fellow I spoke to, Norm said there should be no more than an 1" of movement back and forth.

The part is $169 plus shipping is $200 delivered to the shop.

Local EZGO wanted $269 for that same part, $155 to install. No guarantee on when it would be fixed, not even before the 4th of july.

I'll post pictures of the installation when it arrives, but today was a good day as I now know what year the cart is which makes it better for parts and accessories.

Ordered light blue LEXAN glass for the glass in the front of this golf cart for a windshield and My total investment by the time this is all over with, some new tire tubes and basic fuel filters and what not...

Maybe $1000.00 and now it will be almost mechanically sound, given the one and only real issue, is resolved.

I'm writing this all out for others because I've spent quite a bit of time looking at other threads..and it's exhausting when you cannot find everything you are looking for to resolve your problem.

The guy who sold this golf cart didn't want the $400 to put into it that would fix the problem, I'm gettin' R' done for $200 with gaining some good knowledge about the cart. Things I need to know.
DUNBAR is offline   Reply With Quote