View Single Post
Old 04-12-2008, 05:25 PM   #9
30-A rider
Getting Wild

Default Re: Surging speed and RPMs on my 2003 CC

Ok so I read about "reconditioning batteries" and also saw a copy what is done on an ebay $9.95 download on how to do this. Here is what I did:

-With an auto suringe connected to a 6" piece of tube I sucked out battery electrolyte to the top of the plates on all the batteries.
-Then boiled 1 qt of distilled water ; removed from head and poured in 1 qt Epsom salts and stirred till disolved. Added back the solution till it was approximately 1/2 above the plates.

Having my cart for 4 weeks the only thing I did maitenance wise when I got it was checked the battery levels...so besides cleaning all battery connections and cables last night, I scrubbed the tops of my battery pack down with a soap and water solution to remove all the dirt and grime or 5 years on a golf coarse, then hosed it off. I then sprinkled baking sode on the tops of the battereis and then prayed then down futher with a baking sode and H20 solution.

When all is said and done I gotta tell you without even charging my batteries my acceleration has increased, it may have another 1-2 mph top speed and the surging and hesitation is gone!

So Im guessing this tells me I have some tired battereis and I better plan on a new set within 3-12 months.

Ok here is the bad thing. As result of my cleaning the reverse buzzer came on out of nowhere with the key off and the F-N-R switch in neutral? Not full volume but it was driving me crazy. So at the switch I took a chance at disconnecting each wore and found that the blue wire out of the switch which connects to the orange wire out of the harness stopped it! Thank Goodness! As result it doesnt make any noise when in reverse now. This is just fine with me but if anyone else drives my cart
I think iots a decent safety feature so any ideas why this happened? Maybe once everything dries out from my washing it will be fine?

Thanks for the input.

Also will post serial # tomorrow if you can give me any insight to anything.

Thanks a lot gentlemen!

Scott
30-A rider is offline   Reply With Quote