View Single Post
Old 03-28-2019, 11:43 AM   #4
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: club car charger doesn't activate

Running the jumper from the receptacle black wire to the battery pack negative is a quick bypass of the OBC, and pretty much confirms the OBC has failed.

The only other thing you might check is the condition of the black 10awg wire that comes out of the OBC to the B- terminal at the controller, where the battery pack negative cable attaches. If there is a poor connection there, it can cause a charging issue.
Based on the batteries having been damaged over the winter and the charge problem, it would make sense to me that the OBC failed and probably caused the damage to the batteries.
Best option is a new smart charger.

When measuring voltage at the charge receptacle, it will not show true battery voltage when checking voltage with the meter probes inserted directly in the red and black wire pins in the receptacle. There is resistance in the black wire as it goes through semi-conductor circuits in the OBC before it goes to battery negative.

You should still have full battery voltage if measuring from the Red wire pin at the receptacle to main battery pack negative post.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote