View Single Post
Old 03-28-2019, 06:19 PM   #6
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: club car charger doesn't activate

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolDaddy View Post
Thanks for the info. It confirmed some of my thoughts. I will check the wiring just to make sure. Would the OBC being out effect anything else? I see that it controls the voltages.
what about reverse buzzer, regen, speed kit. I have noticed that when going uphill it really slows down. On flat it runs fine. I expect some slowdown but I think it's excessive. I may have to open another thread for that.
I'm just trying to decide if it makes more sense to replace the OBC (if it would affect anything else) or get a smart charger. I prefer the smart charger option.
It's gonna slow down some depending on the hill. What's the year of the cart? And is it a Series drive or Sepex drive system?
Series drive will have a lever style FnR switch.
Sepex drive will have a rocker button FnR switch, and a Run/Tow switch under the seat.

The only thing the OBC affects is the lockout of the controller during charging. Without a 48V input the controller will stay in lockout and will not allow the cart to drive, but this is easy to fix, and typically can easily be connected with the new charger so the controller stays in lockout while the charger is connected, if you want/need that function.
If you don't need it, its just a matter of connecting two wires at the old OBC plug when the OBC is removed.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote