View Single Post
Old 09-07-2021, 12:49 AM   #1
nzezgo
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 48v Ezgo Shuttle... solenoid, to fuse, to resistor to contactor ??

Hi all,

Bought this 48v Ezgo shuttle with a Curtis 1268-5403 Controller (48v & 400A).

Previous owner's wiring is a disaster . I traced all the wires and developed an "as is" wiring diagram. I know now how they blew all their lights etc.. reconnected their 48v wiring to a 12v wire coming out of the reducer. Anyway(s)... I've traced the wiring and need to confirm this is correct. I do have a wiring diagram to compare it to, but none of them seem to have the components I have:

- Solenoid (ok we all have one of them). The "T" and "B" are the larger connections and only mean "TOP" and "BOTTOM" as this solenoid sits on its side and I wanted to remember where the wires go as there was no + or - identifier on the solenoid.
- Fuse Holder - Picture included. Its a 48v 800A fuse. The "L" and "R" only mean Left and Right... again so that I could remember where the wires go.
- 48v Contactor - ? What the hells is this? It has 4 x connections. As can be seen from the "as is" wiring diagram 3 of the connections go to the controller, 1 goes back to the solenoid where from there up to the key switch.
- Little resistor or something. Too damaged to read anything on it... strange because it is placed in the middle of a wire, which wire runs from the Solenoid to the Fuse Holder, which then is connected to POS + on battery.

So I've included a current photo of the actual crazy wiring I see... but I also included an "as is" wiring diagram I created as the photo may be difficult to read. These 4 items are highlighted in YELLOW boxes on the wiring diagram. Please also note that I do have this 1 wire coming off the solenoid that just goes in a circle in itself and connects to nothing. ???

I hope this all makes sense. Please ask all the questions you want... grateful for this group and any insight you can provide. I just can't seem to find any wiring diagrams that have these components. This shuttle cart was built in China btw (production date 1/15/200, but it does have all aspects of an EZGO TXT. I rebuilt a 2002 EZGO TXT so is very similar (F/W switch on dash on both btw), but different controller, solenoid, no fuse, nor contactor thingy.

Again, much appreciated for any insight.

NZEZGO aka Brady
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210907_124642.jpg (220.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210907_163624.jpg (202.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20210907_130253.jpg (325.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png Solenoid-Fuse-Resistor-Contactor.png (39.9 KB, 0 views)
nzezgo is offline   Reply With Quote