View Single Post
Old 09-16-2021, 03:31 PM   #1
repsolracer22
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default MOTOR not going after 6" lift and all back together

2017 precedent

so i did a 6" lift. Got it all back together. Went to drive it, and the motor "wants" to go, but doesn't have any power. I can hear it trying, but no go. No forward OR reverse

Here's what I did:

I did NOT ever put into "tow mode". (probably should have)

When lowering the rear axle, the entire axle/motor was loose at one point when I had everything lowered and taken off. The entire axle & motor "rolled" forward on me at one point and there happened to be a metal jack under the middle of the axle, so the bolts/connections at the top of the motor ended up touching the lift and sparked a couple times. similar spark when you accidentally touch a car battery with a screwdriver or something and it pops/sparks.

So im assuming that situation had something to do with it. I put everything back together and the cart looks great. But no power, no go. I have it plugged in but I don't think the issue is just a low charge. Its possible. Its been sitting for a week not plugged in. But the yellow "charge" light is not on and wasn't ever on in the past week. But none the less, I've still got it plugged in so I can eliminate that

But I guess what Im wondering is if the sparking issue would damage the motor, or electric computer controller or maybe blow a fuse perhaps?

thanks for any info
repsolracer22 is offline   Reply With Quote