View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 11:12 AM   #1
IceJockey
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default "The Drive" Towing Capacity Question

Hey Everyone, new to the site, have gained a ton of knowledge thus far, but upon searching I have not been able to find an answer to my question...

I just purchased a 2007 Drive gasser. It has a 6" Jakes Lift with 12" Elixir rims and 23" tires. It has a trailer hitch mounted to the rear frame under the rear seat footrest. I'm trying to find out the towing capacity for this cart with its current set up to know what I can tow. Ideally, I'm trying to be able to tow the cart back and forth from my house to my cottage on a trailer (looking at a 6' x 10' utility trailer) and than possibly be able to tow the same trailer with my golf cart to take my kids on "hayrides" and things like that. Would this be possible with my current set up, or would I need to look into upgrading rear suspension, gears, and things of that nature? Or is this not possible and I should just keep hauling it with one of my larger trailers, and get a little trailer to use for the kids? Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated. And I know everyone likes pics, so I've added a couple just to show the cart.

LT Front.JPG
RT Rear.JPG
IceJockey is offline   Reply With Quote