View Single Post
Old 10-20-2012, 07:24 PM   #1
Bugged Out
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 2007 YDRA wheel bearing removal

We have a new to us 2007 YDRA Golf Cart. Very clean, but did come off of a closing golf course. I had first pick of 20 carts and this one was a combination pick of best looking, yet also looked used the least.

Everything has been fine on it for a while, until I loaded three more guys on it and a 45 Yeti on the back. We made it home on it with a squeal and a lope on the right rear axle. The next day there thin layer of oil the size of a pie plate on the ground. Instead of hunting today, I decided to fix the golf cart. I should have gone hunting. I have spent hours trying to find info and part numbers on the web, trying to cross with a local parts store bearing. Most all info on Yamaha golf carts relates to a "G" series. Not much at all on a YDRA. Does one of those "G" numbers apply to my cart, I have not been able to locate anything except 2007 YRDA JW1-F4236-10

Not only has the cross reference gone poorly, but I am not quite sure what to do now. I have taken off tire, hub, and spacer, and snap ring. Bearing is exposed, a few balls are missing out of the bearing. How do I get the rest out. I have a few ideas, but I don't want to tear anything up. As poorly as this is going I thought I had better stop and ask, instead of tearing up more and having to ask anyway.

All suspension is stock. Is it possible to go with heavier bearings, or was this one about gone and the weight finished it off that day? I believe the lope was from a few balls gone how the axle rotated, I did make them get off and rode home solo as soon as we noticed the lope. All pavement riding. Is there anything else I need to inspect while I am at this point. Do you repack this bearing with grease, of does the rear end fluid take care of that. What do I refill rear end with. Is their a limit in the number of questions you can ask in one post I will change the entire fluid and be able to switch to something new if there is a best.

I have made alot of effort to search for the info prior to asking, it would really help I believe if I could apply a G series to my cart, if there is one?

Thanks in advance for all the info and help !!!
Bugged Out is offline   Reply With Quote