Thread: Crazy idea?
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2015, 09:52 AM   #1
Helirich
Gone Wild

Default Crazy idea?

If I understand a controller right, I limits the power going from the battery to the motor. Not sure if it is limiting voltage or amps or both. When you buy a bigger controller (higher amp), the max amps that can get to the motor is what the controller will allow when the pedal is on the floor. I assume that is with full pack voltage.

Now, if you wanted to bypass the controller altogether, I would think you could just link the batteries to the motor with a selinoid. The problem would be the cart would jump so hard that it might break something. (Your neck?)

So what if you ran a stock controller, but at the bottom of pedal, you have trigger for this bypass selinoid. That way, you excelerate normally until you hit the button. Then you have all the power your motor can draw.

There would be some issues to work out so your not in reverse and happen to hit the bottom of the pedal and give a direct short. (Because the selinoid is wired for forward). But I think you could rig some relays in there so it could only fire when in forward.

Crazy?
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote