Thread: Crazy idea?
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 04:53 PM   #19
UncleJerm76
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Crazy idea?

Way back when I first bought my 36V club car I also wanted 48v on a budget. Lots of searching lead me to a thread floating around here where a member was in the process of doing just that to his 36V resistor cart. For the most part he basically left his 36v resistor system alone and added two additional 6v batteries in the bagwell on a separate switch to give him the total of 48v he wanted. Now mind you it was more complex than it sounds. He had all kinds of problems at first, figuring out a way to charge the extra two batteries, burning up this and that but it was a blast to read the thread - everyone telling him it couldn't be done just added fuel to fire. He posted wiring diagrams and a parts list etc etc and eventually got it right after adding a lot of safety features, relays, microswitches. But at the end of the day he still had a resistor cart.

For the life of me I cannot find that post now. Now I'm not encouraging you to go that route (I went with the ScottyB solid state conversion and it has been phenomenal!) ...but if your absolutely gonna do it - you might as well learn from others mistakes and see what your getting into before you turn your cart into a fire chariot. You would need to use the same principles he did in order to bypass the controller on full throttle.
UncleJerm76 is offline   Reply With Quote