View Single Post
Old 05-28-2014, 08:42 AM   #1
JDubya
Not Yet Wild

Default 2000 Club Car DS weak spark

Little background on the cart I'm currently working on:
My buddy and I bought 4 carts from a local golf course (FE290 engines in them all) that were in their "graveyard". They had been sitting out there for who knows how long and for $125 each, we figured why not.
Started working on one and with a new battery, fuel pump, lines, filters, spark plug, solenoid, fuse, air filter, RPM limiter and a little starter fluid, I got it to run for a little bit.
Decided to clean the carb and it ran much better although I had to constantly choke it to keep it going. Then she started being hit or miss when it came to just starting.
Bought a spark tester and found a very weak and intermittent spark so I installed a new ignition coil this past weekend. Tried her again and got the same result. Very weak spark and will not start. She'll turn over fine but will not start.
I'm new to the golf cart world and am currently at a loss of ideas as far as what else I need to check and any and all info would be greatly appreciated. I'm completely dumbfounded at how she would run and all of a sudden not start at all.
JDubya is offline   Reply With Quote