View Single Post
Old 08-23-2014, 03:54 PM   #1
tdump
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2 cycle ez-go,is it worth messing with?

Ok, I worked on some lawnmowers for a guy and he said he had a old 3 wheel cart he would give me.
This is what it was. I was hoping for electric but it is 2 cycle gas.
the battery is a 03 so I would say it had been under all the trees and crap since 04 or so.
still has darkly colored gas in the filter. appears complete but the rear wheels would not roll and I hooked cables to the battery but can not make any thing turn over. I dont exactly how it is supposed to start as the key switch is just a on off like a electric cart.Even the forward reverse switch appears similar if not the same.
It has a strange bunch of clutch looking stuff that appears intact and belts appear good.
I have NO idea if this is worth messing with. I have what most would consider "sinister" plans for it if this engine stuff is hopeless.
I would like to have a better understanding of the clutch system.
Basicly this post is a request for advice and ideas of what to check and so forth. I wish it was a sparky. But it was free.
I have a useable top and frame with only minor repair needed on the aluminum tubeing at the front.I have the seat cushion, but the foam and vinal and plywood are rotten. The rubber seals and bottom trim and seat brackets are ok.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC00044.JPG (346.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00046.JPG (329.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DSC00043.JPG (355.1 KB, 0 views)
tdump is offline   Reply With Quote