View Single Post
Old 11-18-2012, 07:31 PM   #24
Workstead
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Turf II Gas now grinds instead of going Forward

I changed out the shift bracket today and readjusted the cables. I still couldn't get Forward to go into gear when shifted to Forward.

I lengthened the cable a little more and got the gears to grind when shifted to Forward. I completely adjusted the cable to it's maximum length with the adjusting nuts and it would go into Forward but when I put a little load on the transmission by going up hill a little it would jump out of Forward and grind. Then I adjusted the ball sockets by screwing them out as far as they would go and then I screwed them back on to the recommended 1/4" minimum. Now the transmission would shift into Forward, Neutral and Reverse. While driving around the transmission wanted to come out of Forward gear but if I held the shift lever into the Forward position I could drive and even go up hill without coming out of Forward.

It looks like there is something internal that is allowing that to happen.

Any ideas I can try so I don't have to hold the shift lever in the Forward position all the time?

Also, there was no backup alarm when in Reverse. I didn't check that at all. Maybe the buzzer, or whatever is the sounding device, is disconnected. Or, maybe I switched the wires going to the Reverse micro switch. I'll chect out the schematic to see how it is supposed to be connected.
Workstead is offline   Reply With Quote