View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 12:58 PM   #18
Frenchie2958@live.com
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2 stroke gas ezgo 1990 sluggish no power

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie2958@live.com View Post
I can not squeeze the plates together on my driven clutch or move the front plate side to side seems tight belt measures 11/8. I can not locate pictures here u said I sent
Quote:
Originally Posted by cart around View Post
You have a 3-pg 2 stroke.

I believe that your belt goes front to back, which means your clutches are sideways.

The drive clutch is attached to the engine.
The plate closest to the engine is part of the starter pulley. It should not move.
The big cup should move easily by hand. Yours sounds like it is ok.

When the engine spins, they close together, and the belt rides all the way to the top.

The driven clutch is attached to the axle. You should not be able to squeeze those plates together.

You should have no wobble on the driven clutch. I did not understand what you were trying to say about the driven clutch.

HOW WIDE IS YOUR BELT?
I found your pics th u my belt is 11/8” I cannot Squeeze e plates together on my driven clutch or move front plate side to side what I am sure of is the cart is going straight to high gear or stuck in high gear because it runs great until u put it under a load than u can hear motor laboring(trying to drive up small hills) and engine rpm drop severely and speed drops to like8-10 miles a hour than as soon as u hit level ground it picks up slowly
Frenchie2958@live.com is offline   Reply With Quote