View Single Post
Old 11-15-2011, 03:49 PM   #7
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Default Re: voltage reducer V/S 2nd Battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltLifeCC View Post
I doubt you'll get a response that will 100% sell you on one vs. the other. I decided against a converter and went with the extra battery. My main reason - I wouldn't install a converter unless I wired in a switch to turn it off and I don't trust my kids, who ride the cart, to remember to turn it off. Also, though a converter draws off your battery pack more evenly than using a single battery, it still draws off the pack. So whatever juice you use is less juice to get you up and down the road/path. For me, the only pro to a converter is that when it's time to charge, you plug one thing in. However, I find that I don't need to charge my spare battery near as often as I charge the cart. And I made sure the battery is plenty accessible so it's easy to charge. I just attached my battery tender cables to the battery. The cable has a plug in the middle of it, so it can stay attached all of the time and when I want to charge the battery, it's just a plug and go just like the cart. When I take the cart off somewhere, I have a charger that'll do the job a bit faster that I take with me.
Or get a reducer similar to this one that has a "trigger" wire that you connect to your key switch that turns it on when you turn your key to "on" position . . . (this is the one I bought, but have not installed yet) . .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190530622956...84.m1497.l2649
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote