View Single Post
Old 06-02-2022, 06:37 PM   #7
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: 2017 EZ GO with Jakes Lift Kit darting everywhere

You probably need to adjust the Camber first. Then adjust toe angle.
Camber should be even side to side and should be slightly positive for best handling characteristics. Kinda looks to me like the right side (passenger) is way negative and that will cause all sorts of fun.

Camber adjustment on those has to be done by unbolting the heim joint from the king pin and then turning it in or out to make the adjustment, and then put it al back together, put it on the ground and then measure the angle of each side and compare.
For the best starting point, turn all of the heim joints in ALL the way. Then adjust out slowly until you have the desired camber angle. After adjusting those then adjust toe angle to approx 1/8" of toe in. Personal opinion, I've found that the lifted carts tend to track better if you have closer to 0 to 1/8" toe-in, and about 1-2 degrees positive camber. This usually evens out to close to 0 camber when the cart is loaded.

Often you may have to take an entire day and make adjustments, then drive the cart and see if you like it. Make more small adjustments, drive, more adjustments, drive, repeat as necessary.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote