View Single Post
Old 01-30-2016, 05:17 PM   #21
rottie
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lithium Conversion (leaf battery)

I finally got some time to work on the golf cart project today. and took a few pictures.
I had to clean the battery acid cancer, then paint. Luckily it was only on the surface and the battery tray was in reasonable good condition.
I had to modify the factory pot box/controller mounting and put a z bend in the throttle rod as the new mounting location is ~2" higher and above the battery tray.
I added aluminum diamond plate over the battery tray as the batteries are different size than the original lead acid battery case and needed a flat mounting surface. I then secured the Aluminum plate to the old battery tray.

I now have a mocked up of the motor controller, main contactor, reversing contactor, DC-DC converter (voltage reducer) and the onboard charger.

I am still not happy with the placement of the reversing contactor, but may have no choice as I could not fit the main contactor and reversing contactor over by the controller, not enough room and sits too high, interfering with the seat. These are BIG relays!!! I also wanted to keep all high current cabling very short to minimize resistance loss.

I still have to mount the main battery fuse, current sense for the BMS and BMS. Then make the new battery cables at 2AWG plus all of the miscellaneous wiring.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2670.jpg (249.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2671.jpg (253.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2672.jpg (166.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2673.jpg (201.4 KB, 0 views)
rottie is offline   Reply With Quote