View Single Post
Old 11-26-2022, 05:21 PM   #160
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Comments about your Lithium Battery

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Took both carts out for some rides today since it’s a nice day.

Low 50’s, enclosure on and it’s pretty windy today. 5.0 miles exactly left me at 88% (79aH). Little less than without the enclosure but man that thing creates a ton of drag (which is well worth it when the white stuff comes and I get my heater inside it) top speed today actually was 23 due to the parachute installed on the cart

Took out my 94 DS as well. It’s got a lead acid tractor supply battery Also with enclosure. Starting voltage 12.7v and voltage when I got back home was 13.1. My 2008 is a lot faster, but our top speed was 19 in this one. It doesn’t care about the extra drag or hills, goes the same speed regardless.
If you are using a full windshield in summer, I'm surprised that a full enclosure creates that much more drag, considering the frontal square footage is the same. Kind of the same comparison that driving a car with open windows creates more resistance than having them closed. Along those thoughts, I considered getting/making an winter cab but figured getting in and out 10-20 times a day would be more of a PIA than the enclosure offered comfort.
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote