View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 11:59 AM   #6
Ezgoesit
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 82 Marathon Rebuild

Quote:
I have a new drive clutch coming from Tom There is something up with the clutches that I have not been able to figure out. When I get going down a hill and get up a good head of steam, if feels like the back tires lock up, slamming me forward. Then, when it has slowed way down, it releases and everything is fine. It started this when I put a new belt on before the rebuild. The belt is real tight. No slippage when you start it. Any ideas
Well, I jacked up the rear end and ran it up to speed where I have been having problems. I let up on the gas slightly, and the driven clutch popped open. Then the drive belt got sucked all the way down to the center of the clutch and wadded up slightly, causing the braking effect. I do have one ramp missing (on order) but other wise the clutch looks fine. Like I said, this all started when I put a new belt on. It is tight as he!!. The cart lurches with every engine stroke. I would have thought it would have broken in by now. I have quite some time on it before the rebuild.

Ezgoesit is offline   Reply With Quote