View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 03:28 AM   #12
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: Sweet front brakes!!

Looking through my books tonight I only see three listed having a true 4 on 4 BP, 1 vented and 2 solid but mine only go back to 1987.
The problem is none of the three have a rotor diameter small enough to use even 10" rims without using spacers so there goes the cost up $200. right off the bat. I want something you don't have to use spacers with.

There are plenty with a pattern of 3.937 which is 3 15/16" or 100mm but still not close enough to fit without some cnc work.

I'm thinking since they will have to be redrilled for the 4" pattern and possibly the center hole anyway, start with finding the correct rotor height or back spacing and diameter to fit with a caliper in a 10" rim since most who go modded and/or big power usually go to 10" wheels anyway.

The back brakes would be a piece of cake because they are all so similar, It's the front that will be the biggest challange if trying to keep it simple and use the stock parts with a bolt on lift.

I'm going to post another two questions for everyone,
Do you really think you need 4 wheel disc on a cart or is it just for the cool factor?

Considering the weight and speed of modded carts, Would 4 wheel hydraulic drum brakes work just as good as discs? I shouldn't say "just as good" but rather an alternative to disc considering all of the disc conversion issues.

Looking for some serious thought on these questions because I had an idea while going through my brake books. Thanks guys