View Single Post
Old 06-29-2008, 10:31 PM   #3
farleypug
Getting Wild

Default Re: EZ Go flooding out

It's acting like it's flooding out. There is no gas coming out of the overflow though. When I go to start out, it shoots out smoke like crazy and the motor doesn't have enough rpms to go. But after about 10-20 seconds of the generator running, you can hear the access fuel burning out and eventually the rpms climb and it takes off. Compression is great on the motor also. The floats right now are adjusted so tight that the needle valve is maybe opening a 1/4 of the way. So it starts moving sooner/rpms climb, but after running about 25 feet, the motor starts starving out on fuel and begins slowing down. After the pump fills the bowl back up, it runs great for another 20 feet or so and starts to starve for fuel again. If I open the floats up just a little more, it takes forever for the excess fuel to burn out and get the cart moving. But once it does, it runs great full throttle and doesn't stall out because lack of fuel. But as soon as I let off the throttle and stop, it loads the carb back up and takes forever to get the cart moving again. In my past experience on floats, they have never been this touchy. I'm just wondering if something is missing from this carb after the previous owner rebuilt it. Plus, when I adjust the mixture screw, it does nothing to help performance. If I adjust the floats so they open correctly and disconnect the fuel line to the pump, it runs great with no hesitation for about 30 seconds until it runs out of fuel. It's almost acting like the pump is pushing fuel so hard that it gets by the needle valve even when the float bowl is full. Could the generator switch on the accellerator pedal have an impact on this? The switch went bad so there is a toggle switch wired in its place. So when I want to go, I hit the toggle and press the accellerator at the same time. I didn't think this would be part of the problem. Do you think I should buy a carb rebuild kit even though everything in the carb looks like it has been replaced/new? Thanks again for taking to time to read this.
farleypug is offline   Reply With Quote