Thread: Carryall Turf 2
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2018, 03:51 PM   #5
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: Carryall Turf 2

Yeah that looks like a cover gasket leak. Pretty common. Not too difficult to reseal, just have to pull the motor out and take everything off the clutch side.

One of the switches is for the reverse buzzer. Usually lifting that one makes the buzzer come on. If you don't have battery power or the buzzer doesn't work, the reverse buzzer switch is only lifted when the lever is placed in reverse. The other switch is lifted in both F and R. That one is for the ignition and grounds the coil if you press the accelerator when the lever is in neutral. I've had to bypass that one on both of my key start carts because it they would randomly stall kinda like yours is doing. Moving the lever back and forth works the switch and allows it to run another few minutes.
No guarantee that's the problem, but it only takes a minute to make a jumper and then see if the problem persists. If the jumper fixes it, just leave the jumper in place!

No difference in the wiring on the motor. There are some differences in the cart wiring over the years. I assumed that yours is a key start, if it's not then I apologize. The main difference in the key start carts is some different wiring for the start switch, and the pedal and shift lever limit switches. Also there's an extra relay on the key start carts that opens the ground on the coil to keep the engine running. You can bypass the ignition kill circuit entirely by disconnecting the white/black wire from the relay, but then you need to have a kill switch to shut the engine off.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote