View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 01:23 PM   #10
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 91 G9 sputters and dies - stumped!

ok... may be on to something here. I pulled out the gas tank and drained it. I did put fresh gas in it when i started because it was empty (or so i thought) and drained out a bunch of greenish gas. I couldn't hear any sloshing in there when i got it, so there couldn't have been much in there. I don't know if there was some diesel in there, 2 stroke premix or maybe just old gas... or maybe just picking up the sludge from whatever evaporated as it sat. i've seen really old gas turn brown many many times, and even turn into black tar (in the case of a 1987 Honda quad i restored a while back) but never green... Also took out the gas tank's fuel filter and it was pretty deteriorated and falling apart. I took it off and threw it out so now the cap down there is just a nipple, which i figure should be okay for now. I've got a brand new fuel filter in line on the new hose anyway. I rinsed the tank out real well, blew it out best i could with an air tip and now it's sitting out to dry for a couple hours. I'll put it back in this afternoon and fill it (again) with fresh gas.

lift kit is showing up today so i can get some decent tires under it, then i'll take it for a spin and see how she does. If it's just bad gas i'm gonna kick myself, but that would explain why it fouls out the spark plug so quickly.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote