View Single Post
Old 05-11-2010, 06:30 AM   #1
Land Owner
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Lift Kits - Lift not same in Rear...why?

I checked Craig's List for parts and saw a lifted CC for sale near me that was canted, front to back, in a manner that looked awkward. The tires were the same diameter, front to back, but the lift in the front was "substantially" (couple inches +/- over the wheel base) more than the lift in the rear and the visual brought home the following:

A "4-inch" (say) lift kit elevates the front of the cart (a full 4-inches over OEM?) and the larger wheel & tire provides 1/2 their new diameter to elevate the rear differential.

Rear Example: one-half of (23" dia. tire minus 18.5" OEM dia. tire) plus OEM 4" clearance at differential equals about 6.25" final clearance at differential. Yes?!?

Or only about 2.25" total rear lift (vs. 4" lift in front), canting the cart front to back by the 1.75-inch difference. Is that right?

Why isn't the final lift horizontal and level front to rear? What's the purpose of a canted lift? I suppose it must be that the rear axle output to the must be straight and no lift kit is going to offset that relationship in the rear.
Land Owner is offline   Reply With Quote